So what kinds of resolutions do we usually make? Here is a top ten list of last year's New Year's resolutions:
- Lose Weight
- Getting Organized
- Spend Less, Save More
- Enjoy Life to the Fullest
- Staying Fit and Healthy
- Learn Something Exciting
- Quit Smoking
- Help Others in Their Dreams
- Fall in Love
- Spend More Time with Family
What if I told you that there was ONE resolution you could make this year that could help you accomplish all ten of the resolutions listed above. Would you be interested? Heck yeah!!
Try this one:
"I resolve in 2015 to give my life to Christ. I have tried everything I can think of to make my life work out how I want it but things never work out." Let me tell you how a life with Jesus at the center of it can help you accomplish ALL TEN New Year's resolutions listed above.
- Lose Weight -The Bible advises against gluttony (overeating). Proverbs 23:20-21
- Getting Organized - Get rid of the excess in your life. Make things more simple. Mark 10:21
- Spend Less, Save More - Do you buy only what you need or everything you want? 1 Timothy 6:10
- Enjoy Life to the Fullest - There is nothing wrong with having fun. Enjoy life! Ecclesiastes 8:15
- Staying Fit and Healthy - Exercise is good for your body. Do it! Isaiah 40:29-31
- Learn Something Exciting - Read the Bible. There are tons of exciting lessons waiting to be learned. Proverbs 1:5
- Quit Smoking - You only have one body in this life. Take care of it! 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- Help Others in Their Dreams - Placing others first brings joy to God. Hebrews 13:16
- Fall in Love - Nothing can separate us from God's love. Romans 8:37-39
- Spend More Time with Family - There is nothing like a loving family and that is what you get when you place your hope and faith in Jesus. Romans 8:16-17
I'm not writing this to tell you that Jesus can help you fulfill all your New Year's resolutions. I am writing this to say that by placing your faith in Jesus, by giving Him control of your life, there will be no need for New Year's resolutions.Your desire will be to please Him and the rest will take care of itself.
Jesus died for our sins. God demands a blood sacrifice, a perfectly spotless lamb, to atone for our sins. Jesus did that for us. Repay Jesus today by offering YOUR life for the one HE gave . . . for you. Give up the life you had in 2014 and grab a hold of the one He offers you for 2015.
It seems like each year we long to start over. Why not give control of your life to Jesus and let Him make your choices as you follow Him in 2015. New Year's resolutions are man-made things. We are humans often failing in OUR selfish desires. Let our New Year's resolution be this:
I resolve to please God and live my life for Him.
Have a Happy, Healthy and Blessed New Year!