Monday, June 29, 2015

How To Simplify Your Life

I think there comes a time in just about everyone's life when we need to simplify things. Our lives get SO busy. We take on too many things. We just can't say no when it comes to taking on just one . . . more . . . thing.

Why do we do that to ourselves? Are we such people pleasers that we forget to take time out for ourselves? Or for God?

There are several people in my life who have confessed to me that they have taken on WAY more than they can handle. And, I'm not totally sure about this but, . . . I think I am one of them. I think if I could just go to work but not actually "work" that would be great. I could catch up on all the things I have to do and I would be much better off. I'll ask my boss this morning. We could probably work something out, right? Umm . . . no.

It is very easy to take on too much in our lives. It is also too easy to place God on the back burner until we have time for Him . . . somewhere in the future.

I've been reading through the Old Testament again and came across this little factoid the other day.

"26 When you have entered the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance and have taken possession of it and settled in it, 2 take some of the first fruits of all that you produce from the soil of the land the Lord your God is giving you and put them in a basket. Then go to the place the Lord your God will choose as a dwelling for his Name 3 and say to the priest in office at the time, “I declare today to the Lord your God that I have come to the land the Lord swore to our ancestors to give us.” 4 The priest shall take the basket from your hands and set it down in front of the altar of the Lord your God." - Deuteronomy 26:1-4

FIRST fruits.

Does it make sense to begin our days with prayer, thereby laying OUR first fruits at the altar for God? I think it does. Maybe not RIGHT away when we are still waking up but soon thereafter. Dedicate your day to the Lord. Pray for those in your life who have a need for that particular day. Give glory to God for all the things He has done and has yet to do.

Let us place God first in everything. Let us offer our first fruits to Him each and every day. If we think about God FIRST, suddenly the things in our lives that come AFTER those thoughts seem less important. Try it today. Give some time to God this morning. Already do that? Give Him some MORE time. See how your day goes after that. :)

Glory To God - Fee

No comments:

Post a Comment