Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Fading

It's hard to believe it's been two years since my dad passed away. I can still see his face when I close my eyes. Many of the individual images I have burned into my mind blend into the old family photographs, taken long ago. Sadly, other images fade away with time.

We all have memories of those we loved who have left us. Cherished, wonderful memories - they become a part of us. Ironically, we too are fading away in the lives of our children's eyes. And so it continues with each passing generation.

I remember my father's generation in our family. My grandfather's as well. But after that all that is left is fading pictures taken in front of a cabin in the woods or an old house in town. Memories and lives, fading into the distance.

There are times we experience in our lives that are absolutely wonderful. I would call them magical but that would imply an illusion and those special times we have are anything but an illusion. They are beyond real, in the opposite direction. Some memories become engraved on our hearts for a lifetime. It is THOSE special memories that we cherish the most.

With that in mind, I ask you to consider Christ this morning. Two thousand years have passed since He walked this earth, yet his memory still lives in the hearts of those who believe. That in itself is a miracle.

When you close your eyes at night, can you see His face? Can you feel His Holy Spirit inside you? Can you see God working in the lives of those who love Him?

"14 And when the hour came, he reclined at table, and the apostles with him. 15 And he said to them, “I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you I will not eat it[b] until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.” 17 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he said, “Take this, and divide it among yourselves. 18 For I tell you that from now on I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.” 19 And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” - Luke 22:14-19

We all have people in our lives - friends, family members - who have faded away from us. Why is that? Why have they become distant? Is it us? Are we the reason we don't see them anymore? Wouldn't it be nice if the fading reversed itself and they once again became part of our lives?

God may fade away in the memory of those who don't know Him, but His children, those who believe in Him, will ALWAYS remember. There will be no fading away in this man's heart or the hearts of any who have surrendered and made Him Lord of their lives. He is our King

Missing Pages - Seventh Day Slumber

No comments:

Post a Comment