Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Of Kings And Men

I almost couldn't believe my eyes! My wife and I have been voting at the same polling station for the past 33 years and we have never seen the line that long. Ever. Not even close. We live five miles out in the country where the population is sparse and we had to wait an hour in line to cast out ballot.

I stayed up late watching the returns and, quite honestly, I was expecting Hillary to win. But when I saw Wisconsin, a traditionally Democratic state, go to Trump, I knew something was happening. Something not of this world.

My friend and I have been praying for our state and national leaders for months now but this outcome was not expected. Not by the pollsters, the media . . . anybody. Yet somehow Trump was winning!

I am not a Trump fan. He is not my idea of an "ideal" candidate. Whatever THAT is. But I think I know why Trump won. Open your Bibles to Exodus, chapter 10.

"10 Now the Lord said to Moses, “Go in to Pharaoh; for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his servants, that I may show these signs of Mine before him, and that you may tell in the hearing of your son and your son’s son the mighty things I have done in Egypt, and My signs which I have done among them, that you may know that I am the Lord.” - Exodus 10:1-2

This nation has turned its back on God just like the Israelites did numerous times in the Old Testament. And God, just as we read in that verse, can harden and, by implication, soften hearts. I think that's what God did here, in our country.

I think God got tired of us killing babies. I think God got tired of the corruption and the scandals but I also think God answered our prayers.

"14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14

Earlier this year Franklin Graham traveled this country holding prayer rallies. He encouraged us to pray and to vote. I think we did that. On my way home from work last night, Janet Parshall's show was filled with prayer - two hours of prayer!! Has God heard us from heaven? Is God beginning to heal our land?

Let us continue to pray for our nation's leaders. Let us pray for Hillary, that she might examine herself and the things she has done. May she repent and seek God.

May we as a nation return to God and lift His name high above ALL names!

I invite you to listen to this song. May we be grateful that God hears us and kings and kingdoms bow down. Amen!

Sing, Sing, Sing - Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment