Saturday, April 15, 2017

Do The Work

Sometimes things don't go exactly like we think they will. Something unexpected comes up, new obstacles appear in our way. Seemingly overnight, relationships can change right before our eyes. Sometimes our lives get filled with so many distractions that we lose focus on the very thing we were trying to get accomplished in the first place.

A lot of behind the scenes stuff has been happening with my Tiny Home. Ordering materials, paperwork, forming an L.L.C., should we become a non-profit organization? Lots of questions. Answers are slow in coming.

After one frustrating day at work and then, coming home, and not being able to work on the Tiny House . .  again . . . I was getting frustrated. When I get frustrated, which isn't very often, I usually pick up my Bible and I read. Once again, God removed my frustrations as He spoke to me though His Word. Wow!

I was reading in 1st Chronicles. Not the most exciting book in the Bible. But this is what I read - David speaking to his son Solomon. Was God speaking to me as well this week when I read these words? I say YES!

"“And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 10 Consider now, for the Lord has chosen you to build a house as the sanctuary. Be strong and do the work.” - 1 Chronicles 28:9-10

I am building a home. A Tiny House. It is going to be used as "a sanctuary" for displaced teens, homeless, and people who just need a place to stay.

"Be strong and do the work." I think God wants me to forget all the extraneous stuff and just focus on building the house. He'll take care of the rest.

Yesterday was Good Friday - the day we remember Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. Jesus did what HIS Father told Him. Jesus completed the work. And when He was done, hanging there on the cross, He said THIS to His Father.

"30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." - John 19:30

Jesus obeyed His Father. He finished the work His Father had given Him to do. Can we say the same thing? Have we completed the work that God wanted us to do?

When I get to the end of my life I want to have completed what God wanted me to do here. If God wants me to build a house for Him to use, I'm going to build Him a house. I want to be able to say, "It is finished" just like Jesus did after He finished the job His Father had for HIM.

May each of us be able to say . . .

"Tetelestai!"

It is finished.
 
It Is Finished - An Animation feat. song by Caitelen Schneeberger

No comments:

Post a Comment