Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Oops! My Bad

Have you ever felt like you were in the wrong place? Maybe things looked okay at first but then, later on, things just didn't seem right for some reason. Welcome to MY world.

Monday morning at Wal-Mart was one of those times. I went in, did my shopping, and was just about to get into my car when I got one of those feelings. I opened the car door and noticed the coffee in the cup holder. I don't drink coffee. And did I just see a kid's booster seat in the back? I was about to get into the wrong car! Someone with the identical car to mine was parked just two stalls away from me.  Oops! Wrong car!

Then a week ago in Church I was heading into the men's bathroom after the service. I stepped up to the urinal and began to unzip my fly when I heard a woman's voice nearby. Then I saw high-heels under the toilet partition next to me. Umm, I know the times are changing but I'm not ready for this!!

"I'll come back later," I thought to myself and made a hasty exit. Turns out it was a mom helping her son go potty. That's usually done in the lady's restroom . . . but not THAT day! LOL!

If you are one of God's children, do YOU ever feel like you are in the wrong place here on earth? I sure do. And I believe we all should feel that way. It's like we're hybrid humans. We start out as human beings but then those who have been called to faith receive the Holy Spirit and we become changed. Transformed.

"If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." - John 15:19

We do not belong here!

Do you know what the word "holy" means? We should if we call ourselves Christians. Holy means "set apart." We have been made Holy by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. We are now different. Aliens in a world we used to call home.

What do you think it will be like in heaven? Do you think we will ever feel like strangers or aliens when we get there? I think that we will feel so incredibly at home that we will forget everything we left behind. Just think . . . finally, after spending years and years feeling "different" here on earth, we will feel totally and completely at home, at rest, and at peace, forever. And that will be the most amazing feeling. And it will last . . . forever. :)

"20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body." - Philippians 3:20-21

I Do Not Belong - Kutless
Somewhere I Belong - Linkin Park

No comments:

Post a Comment