Wednesday, May 3, 2017

That Hurt

People have told me that I must have a guardian angel. Others have said I'm a "lucky guy". I prefer "blessed" because I am sure feeling that way today.

This is my car. Or should I say "was." Monday evening I was involved in a high-speed, nearly head-on, roll-over car accident. The airbags went off and I totalled my car. Yet I was able to walk away. Why?

I suppose one could talk about today's well-deigned cars. The steel frames, the airbags, the seat belts. All of those things contributed to my walking away from this accident to be sure. However, I prefer to say that God was watching over me.

I have heard it said in songs that there is "Beauty in Pain". I am here today testifying that those words are true. Yes, I have experienced pain in this accident, but all the love that has poured out from you in my general direction has been well worth it. 

There is great power in prayer. Many prayers have been sent up to God on my behalf. I feel like He has answered them. I could easily be hurting more than I am. I could be feeling less love than the massive amount I am feeling today. God is SO good!

So, what have I learned in all of this? First, don't trust ANYONE in another car. We all do stupid things. Turning in front of on-coming traffic is a stupid thing. I should know. I have done it myself when I was younger. At a much slower speed. The point is, cars contain humans. Be wary.

The second thing I have learned is that God hears our prayers. The prayers have been amazing as people I don't even know have told me they are praying for me. Incredible. I am sure God hears our prayers and is acting according to His will.

But the biggest "directive" I am getting out of this is to NEVER let anyone out of my sight without telling them I love them. So watch out. You have been warned! I love you all. :)

"5 The Lord is your keeper; The Lord is your shade at your right hand.

6 The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul.


8 The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in From this time forth, and even forevermore."
- Psalm 121:5-8 


This past Monday, the morning of my accident, I wrote a story about God's many blessings. Today I have written about another such blessing. How can ANYONE see these things I have described both then and today, and not crave a relationship with such a loving, compassionate and merciful God! :)

Great Is Thy Faithfulness - Sara Groves

 

No comments:

Post a Comment