Saturday, September 9, 2017

Extended Warranty

My friend's husband is a good man. He watches after his wife's car like a hawk watches for inattentive mice. He noticed a small oil leak a few days ago and told her to have it checked out. Good thing she did.

It may have been a small leak but it was a big fix requiring leaving her car in the shop for several days. She would have had a rather hefty bill to pay as well, if she had not purchased the "extended warranty". Smart girl.

You never know what's going to happen when you buy a used car. Things can seem wonderful at first but then something goes wrong and the result can be quite costly. Or even terminal.

Sometimes I think that I need an extended warranty for this old body of mine. No, I don't have any "fluid leaks". But some of the suspension is getting old, my sag rods are failing and my sway bars are not doing their job anymore. LOL!

Have you considered God and HIS "extended warranty plan"? All Christians get an extended warranty for free, you know. As soon as we believe. :)

"42Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. 43 Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. 44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies." - 1 Corinthians 15:42-44

I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to getting my new body. Maybe I will have muscles . . . and hair on my head! But all that doesn't matter really. What matters most is the length of God's extended warranty.

It lasts forever!

Life Is Good - Stellar Kart

No comments:

Post a Comment