Wednesday, October 11, 2017

A Good Recommendation

Back in August I was contacted by a friend of mine who was looking for a place to stay on Mackinac Island. I knew the perfect place. But what I DIDN'T know was that I was about to be doing something that ALL of us Christians should be doing - every day of our lives.

My wife and I love to spend time together on Mackinac Island. If you have read this blog for any amount of time you have read  a few stories about our vacations there. When we go to Mackinac Island we always stay at the same place - The Bay View B&B. We absolutely love it there. Great food, great accommodations. Just an all-around wonderful place to stay.

When my friend asked about places to stay it was easy to recommend the Bay View. Words of praise flowed easily from my fingertips. It's not hard to make a favorable recommendation when you absolutely believe what you are saying about the place is true.

So what does my Bay View recommendation have to do with my Christian faith? Let's examine the steps.

First, my friend Bonny knew that my wife and I had been to Mackinac Island recently. She had seen some of the pictures I had taken on Facebook. Perhaps she had read some of the stories I had written. Who knows. The important thing here is that she KNEW that I might know of a place to stay, so, she asked. She asked me for my testimony.

(Can you see where this story is going now?)

We who profess a faith in Christ usually come equipped with a testimony, a story about how we came to believe. It's usually one of those stories where things start out kind of bad or blah, BUT THEN!!

Testimonies are wonderful things. I absolutely love hearing how people came to faith in Jesus. I love hearing about the events that lead up to the sudden realization that, "HEY, this Jesus is REAL!!"

Because of my excited testimony about the Bay View my friend booked a room there for their recent 40th anniversary trip. They were not disappointed. And that's exactly how it is when someone meets Jesus. They are NEVER disappointed when they take that step of commitment.

Are we excited when we talk to other people about our faith in Christ? We should be!

And look what happened as a result of this B&B recommendation. My wife and I now share something wonderful with my friends Denny and Bonny. We have all spent our 40th wedding anniversary on the same island and stayed at the same place. That's amazing.

And what's really cool is that Denny and Bonny, and my wife and I, will be spending eternity, staying at the same place - heaven. I have read that our Father's house has many rooms. And I am willing to bet that Rosie will be there as well serving up strawberry shortcake for everyone.

Big House - Audio Adrenaline

No comments:

Post a Comment