Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Too Long A Journey?

When you take a long journey are you grateful to be back home? I sure am. My wife and I sometimes go someplace where there's lots of traffic and people. I think that's where the phrase, "It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there" comes from.

That's why my wife and I like "slower" places to visit. More relaxing places that contain fond memories for us. Mackinac Island comes to mind as one such destination. The family farm is another. Still, as wonderful as those places are, there's no place like home.

Reading the Bible can be like that. I just finished reading the Old Testament. Some of the books can be a little . . . well, reading the Old Testament sometimes reminds me of how the Israelites wandered through the dessert for 40 years before entering the promised land. It's a long journey! LOL!

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy reading the Old Testament, but I enjoy reading the New Testament more. Why? It's got Jesus in it!! Yes, I know that the Old Testament has Jesus in it too but Jesus is everywhere in the New Testament! You don't have to dig or think. He's right there!

But there is another journey that ALL of us take - the journey of life. For some the journey is a long one. For others, well, they never really get started. But each of us has a journey to take in this life. And it's what we do along the way that defines who we are.

When we take a long journey we hope it will be a successful one. The same can be said about our journey with Jesus. We want to know Him more. We want to become more like Him. So how do we do that? Ask Him. He knows all the answers.

No journey is too long when Jesus is at the end of it. :)

"So they said to him, “Please inquire of God, that we may know whether the journey on which we go will be prosperous.”And the priest said to them, “Go in peace. The presence of the Lord be with you on your way.” - Judges 18:5-6

"7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.:" - 2 Corinthians 5:7

Too Long A Journey - Starland Vocal Band
Walk By Faith - Jeremy Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment