Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Decisions Decisions

Being as old as I am, I have had more time to screw up than most. I have accumulated a rather large pile of "things I'd do differently" if I had the chance. Maybe you have some of those too - things we'd rather have done a different way . . . made a smarter or better choice.

If you could go back in time and change those bad choices, would you? OR do you think those poor choices helped make you who you are today? That's a tough call.

I think God always wants us to do what is right in HIS eyes, not our own.

Most of my decision making is based on the concept of marriage as defined in The Bible. The relationship between husband and wife and the relationship between Jesus (the bridegroom) and his followers (the bride).

"22 Wives, (that's us in our relationship with Jesus) submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, (that's me in my relationship with my wife) love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. " - Ephesians 5:22-28

Yesterday was a beautiful day. I had all of my projects done at work so I took he day off to work on the tiny home I am building. But that's not the first thing I did.

For a few weeks my wife had been mentioning how the lawn needed mowing. I had been putting that off so I could work on my tiny home. Well, yesterday, while she was at work, I mowed the lawn. Why? I sacrificed my desires (working on my tiny home) for those of my wife.

During the previous week she had made me some of my favorite meals - meatloaf & fried potatoes, wienie roll-ups and baked beans, baked chicken and au gratin potatoes. She had done that for ME.

Yesterday it was my turn. You should have seen the look on her face when she saw the lawn.

What choices will we face today? Will we make them as consumers or as servants? In my opinion we can never make the wrong decision if we think like a servant. What can I do to make someone's life better? How can I honor God in what I am about to do?

If we ask ourselves those questions BEFORE we act life becomeS a beautiful experience, no matter what the situation.

How can we help someone? Encouragement? Love? Sacrifice? And how can we honor God? By doing all those things I just mentioned in His name. EVERYTHING we do should honor God. If it doesn't, we've made a wrong decision. Honor God with your life, starting today.

Lead Me - Sanctus Real

No comments:

Post a Comment