Monday, January 8, 2018

Bob The Hoarder

I guess I never really thought about it but, in a way, I think I am a hoarder. Not in the sense that this picture depicts but I AM a hoarder - a hoarder of my time. Here's what I mean.

We all have our diversions in life - the things we like to do. Maybe it's Facebook or Twitter. Perhaps it's Hallmark Christmas movies or building a tiny home. The point is we ALL have time in our schedules that is basically spare time. It is our choice how we will use that time. And that's the big question. How do you and I use our spare time?

I have been trying to kick that habit of wasting my spare time. For example, for the past year I have been responding "Yes dear" whenever my wife asks me to do something. And I do it right away. Previously, when my wife asked me to do something I'd say, "Yeah" and then waited for her to ask me again. That worked okay for me. But not for her.

I wear a bracelet on my left wrist. It reads "I Am Second". God is supposed to come first. I found that too often the words on my bracelet simply weren't true so I made the change. I need to get a different bracelet that reads "I Am Last" Why?

"So when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments and reclined at the table again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you? "You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. "If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. "For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you." - John 13:12-15

It has been prophesied that Jesus will return one day. As the pastor in my church asked yesterday, "What will He find us doing when He returns?" Will we be playing video games? Scrolling through Facebook? Or will we be found serving Him?

As we find ourselves with a spare moment this week, how will we answer those questions. As for me, I hope Jesus finds me breaking the bad habits in favor of the new. I hope He returns to find me serving Him in some way. Satan loves is when we do things that are not about God. Let's make Satan disappointed then. Let's break the habit and surrender ALL.

Breaking The Habit - Linkin Park
I Surrender All - Faith Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment