Wednesday, January 3, 2018

What The World Needs

Contrary to most people, I like the first day back after a holiday vacation. I love hearing the stories of how someone's time with family was or a funny story of a grand kid saying or doing something that was amazing. I love . . . love.

The stories vary all across the emotional spectrum. From amazingly happy times to tremendously sad ones. Such is life -  a journey through all these emotions, growing us and stretching us beyond what we think we can bear.

There are many people where I work who I love dearly. That's what keeps me there really. It's not the work, it's the people.

The day started in prayer with my ministry partner Gayle. What a blessing she is, to me and to others. It is a joy and an honor to call her both friend and sister. It is always good to see her and to pray with her in the morning.

Kari is a dear friend who I got to know through the death of a co-worker. God has gifted me an amazing friend, simply by my reaching out in compassion to a stranger. She, her husband Tom and daughter Mia are ALL treasured gifts.

Tony and Marley have been through a lot together, yet they remain committed to one another. Love is a tremendous healer.

The most memorable meeting of my day yesterday had to have been with T.J., the company president's son. He just lost his grandfather. We had a brief conversation at the end of the day.

All these conversations and more were a blessing to me yesterday. Each one reminded me of something this world is sadly lacking these days - love. That's how I would sum up the day really. I loved and was loved in return. What a gift!

Love is an incredible thing. If given unconditionally, it never returns void. It is never too late to love someone. That's exactly what this world needs today. Not a carnal love. That is what the world teaches. Love unconditionally, like Jesus loves us. Doing that will open up the floodgates of love in your life.

Love God. Love others. It's simple. We need it.

 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." - 1 John 4:7-12

What The World Needs Now Is Love - Jackie DeShannon

No comments:

Post a Comment