Monday, February 26, 2018

Abraham

I will not miss too many things about my morning commute when I retire. Driving into the sun for example. That, coupled with deer herd movement in spring and fall, can make for an interesting drive to the salt mine. The only thing I WILL miss while driving through the early morning darkness is my friend Chuck.

I listen to Christian radio, both to and from work. Chuck Swindoll preaches each morning from 5:00 - 5:30 AM. Many of the stories in this blog have been inspired by his messages. Like this one for example.

Chuck just ended a message series on Abraham. His last message about this man of faith contained four things to remember in our relationship with God. Here they are.
  • Where God leads, follow.
  • When God promises, believe.
  • When we experience doubt, trust.
  • When God blesses, share.
For the past few weeks I had been experiencing doubt in a particular ministry in my life. Should I continue in it? Is it something God wants me to do? Should I leave the ministry all together or simply wait for things to get better?

I think we Christians all want to follow wherever God leads, but what if we're unsure? What is we doubt? That's when we pray. That's when we must trust.

Hearing Chuck's message this week was a good reminder. Ultimately I decided to continue on in the ministry, trusting that it is what God wanted. A handful of days later I was blessed by meeting with two members of the same ministry. I left that meeting feeling renewed and refreshed, confident that we are walking in God's will.

Is there something in YOUR life that you are experiencing doubt about? Are you having trouble trusting God with something? Are you reading God's Word? Are you praying? Have you sought the advice of other Godly believers?

Believe, follow, trust and share. Good advice from my friend Chuck and from the example of Abraham.

The Sacrifice of Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment