Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Like A Child

It didn’t occur to me until several days later just how Jesus must have felt in Matthew 18 and 19 when He said these things:

“Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me." - Matthew 18:3-5
"14Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” - Matthew 19:14
This past weekend at Lifest, a Christian music festival in our area, a little girl came up to me as I was returning to camp. She walked right up and gave me a hug. Well, she gave my leg a hug. Short girl. Why did she do that?

She recognized me from the year before. I had shared some cheese puffs with her and her brothers. That act must have made quite an impression on her. Or at least on her stomach.

How sweet and innocent I thought. The love of a child is so pure, so perfect and unconditional. Her hug made an impression on ME and it reminded me of how our faith towards God should be.

When we see Jesus one day, what will we do? How we will approach Him – this God, Creator of all things? According to what I read in the Book of Matthew, we are to come to Him like a little child. Do we do that? HOW do we do that?

First, I feel that I child's love is pure. It is free from all other entanglements, conditions and contaminants.

Second, it is unconditional. No matter what, a child loves freely and without fear.

And third, a child's love is selfless. They love without thought of themselves, They love simply because they want to. It's who they are.

Let us love like that. Let is LIVE like that. A child, though they are young, is a great example of how our relationship with God should be. How will we demonstrate our love for God today?

Live Like That - Sidewalk Prophets

No comments:

Post a Comment