Monday, November 25, 2013

Year


This past Saturday was my one year anniversary of writing this blog. I was going to wow you by telling you all of the readers I have, but I don't really have that many. If you are reading this you are one of the few, the proud, the . . . well, I appreciate you and your taking the time to read these stories. It means a lot.

There are ways I could have chosen to bolster my readership. I could have written about things that the world is REALLY interested in. For instance, I could have written about something "extreme" using the latest web technology and graphics for my blog page. Or I could have chosen to write one of those warm and fuzzy, self-esteem boosting type of blogs. People would love my writing because I would be so positive and uplifting. Maybe I should have had a gossip blog where I spread rumors about everyone I know. That would probably draw a crowd . . . all carrying torches and one of those do-it-yourself tar and feather kits.

I suppose I could have given away stuff. "A free iPod with every hundred reads!" But that would mean I'd actually have to go out and buy and iPod and give it away. Yeah . . . that's not going to be happening.

The purpose of this blog, at its core, has always been to spread the Gospel. Oh, occasionally I have strayed from my "prime directive" but not too far. I've tried to be funny, encouraging, discerning . . . and hey, I've even called out a few churches and/or denominations when ever I notice they have strayed from God's Word. I get very protective when people start twisting God's words to suit their own particular agenda.

To date I have posted 140 posts (stories). They have been read in 78 countries around the world. Russia, Germany, The United Kingdom, France, China . . . I think it's so cool that all these countries have stumbled across my blog. But I get a special thrill when I see that people from Jordan, Turkey and even Iran have read some of my stories. I pray for them. If they are truly seeking I know that they will find Him.

I just enjoy writing and sharing stories of how I have seen God working in my life and the lives of those around me. He never ceases to amaze me with His wide variety of means and methods. He is amazing to watch as he orchestrates situations and circumstances.

Like my recent trip to the emergency room. After two hours of analysis, the ER doctor simply advised that I see my regular physician for further information. My "regular doctor" is a busy boy. Making an appointment to see him usually comes with at least a four week lead time. However, I had already been scheduled for an appointment. Today. The first possible day after my emergency room visit, all scheduled months ahead of time.

God gives us all certain abilities or talents. How we use them is up to us. But I would challenge you today to look at your life and find one thing you are currently doing for yourself that you COULD be doing for God. Then do it. It's easier than you think. And you will be blessed for it, as God has blessed me for writing stories for His gain and not my own. Thank you.

"31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31


No comments:

Post a Comment