Monday, February 23, 2015

Do You Know Him?

I was listening to the book of John on my way into work this morning when I heard this verse from the Book of John that made me think.

"42 The people said to the woman, “First we believed in Jesus because of what you told us. But now we believe because we heard him ourselves. We know now that he really is the one who will save the world.” - John 4:42

We can hear all about Jesus in this life but until He becomes real to us, until we "hear Him ourselves", he is just a storybook character.

I have been kind of depressed lately and I finally figured out why. I see all these young people in my life, lives scrolling by on Facebook, and I wonder if they really have heard from Jesus at all.  So many people are hurting. So many young people don't really know Jesus. Oh, they've heard of Him. They know who He is. But I am not convinced they really KNOW Him judging by the fruit, or lack of it, I see in their lives. But who am I to talk?

This has been my prayer, that people would come to know Jesus. It is my prayer that people would hear from others about Him but then would investigate on their own . . . hear from Him in the Bible or see Him working in their lives through the actions and love of other believers.

If you don't KNOW Him I pray that you would seek Jesus today. Consider what He has to say. Consider the love He has to offer. You and I are just a bunch of humans, incapable of living a sinless life. Unfortunately, a sinless life is what it takes to get us into heaven. We simply have no hope aside from Christ.

The penalty we all would have to pay has been paid already! Our death sentence for the sins we have committed has been commuted - paid in full - by Jesus dying on the cross in our place. Won't you consider thanking Him for that? Please read the Book of John and hear His words for yourself. Then ask someone about Him. Ask a pastor. Ask someone who acts like a Christian. Go to a church and ask someone there.

A life without Jesus, a life without God at the center of it, is really no life at all. Please, talk with someone today. Message me here if you'd like or on Facebook. He is "the way, the truth and the life." Consider His teachings and then decide for yourself. He saved MY life. He has promised to do the same for ALL who seek Him.

“7 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened." - Matthew 7:7-8

The Book of John

No comments:

Post a Comment