Saturday, May 23, 2015

Clover

Have you ever searched for a four-leaf clover? When you first saw this picture did you look to see if you could find one? When I was a child I remember laying on my belly in the grass of a park, searching in vain for such an illusive rarity in God's creation. To this day I have never found a four-leaf clover.

They really do exist though. I have actually seen one. But what do we do if we should ever find one? Should we pick it.? Maybe save it in a book some place, because we have found something extremely rare. Or should we let it be?

Some people think a four-lead clover is lucky. The luck of the Irish you know. They like shamrocks. Shamrocks are in same botanical family as clover. The Word shamrock actually means "little clover." If you find one you will have luck, right? Wrong. I don't believe in luck. I believe in something better.
I'd like you to look closer at a piece of clover for a moment. There are many different varieties. Do you have any clover plants growing in your yard? Well-kept yards don't have much clover because many consider clover to be a kind of weed. My yard has lots of it. Go get some and take a look at it if you can.You will find something interesting.

Closer usually has three leaves. If you picked one of them off the stem and looked at it, what does it look like? That's right! It looks like a heart.

I have heard many descriptions of The Trinity. Christians believe that God exists in three parts - Father, Son (Jesus) and The Holy Spirit. They are three distinct entities, yet one at the same time. It's kind of confusing.

I heard one pastor describe The Holy Spirit as three candles. There are three individual candles, yet there is only one light. That's a good description. But consider the clover.

Three leaves, yet there is one stem - three in one, just like the Trinity. Three living parts of one plant, all linked together. And it's alive! Also, each of the three leaves is shaped like a heart, representing love. God IS love.

"8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. " - 1 John 4:8

There is a city near where I live named Plover. Do you know what their city's slogan is?

"The city with love in the middle"

The same thing can be said of clover.

So the next time you see some clover in your yard, think twice before ripping it up. It is a reminder of the God who created ALL things, not just clover. It is a reminder of who He is and how three Gods can be one.

"The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one.” - John 10:25-30

Halleluiah - Cloverton

No comments:

Post a Comment