Monday, July 20, 2015

Tiger By The Tail

One of the reasons I like taking long walks on the Ice Age Trail is because of the things I get to see along the way. For example, I got to see this today. Do you know what it is? It's a beautiful example of God's creation.

Although I did not take this picture I know exactly what this picture is because of something I used to do as a kid. I spent many summers in Michigan and Wisconsin chasing these illusive creatures around our yard and the vacant lot across the street. Let's zoom out a bit.

Wow! Quite a design wouldn't you say? It's hard for me to believe, as some people do, that we all came from a spontaneous spark and that we are all just examples of random chance. Yet that is what is being taught in our schools. Our children learn many "contrary" things in our educational system. Evolution is just one of them.

In the Bible we are told that it was GOD who created all things. And you know what? I believe it. All I have to do is take a look around me as I walk through the woods. The evidence is everywhere for us all to see.

24 And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds—livestock and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so. 25 And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good." - Genesis 1:24-25

This final picture I actually DID take on my walk along the Ice Age Trail yesterday. It's challenging to see how close I can get before these things fly away. Even at this distance though it is rather obvious that this insect is something special. It is incredibly beautiful and actually becomes MORE beautiful the closer you get to it. The closer we get to God's creation, the more impressed we become with it's designer.

God is an amazing at what He does. We humans keep trying to out-do God but the more we try, the more obvious our failure becomes. Why can't we just accept the fact the God created the heavens and the earth and move on. The evidence is quite compelling.

"Let those who have ears to hear, let them hear.

"19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made." - Romans 1:19-20

Tiger Swallowtails at The Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment