Monday, September 7, 2015

Inquire of The Lord

As I make my way through the Old Testament these days I find myself reminded of a few phrases. Maybe God is trying to ell us something through the repetition. They get repeated often enough that we come to remember them. One of them is this one, so often used in 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles.

"He did what was right in then eyes of the Lord."

Another phrase that is mentioned a lot, quite often in the books of 1 and 2 Samuel, is what I would like to write about today.

"David inquired of The Lord."

Do you ever inquire of The Lord?" I have come to the conclusion that I do not inquire of The Lord nearly as much as I should. I think that not doing so is a mistake on our part. We who profess a faith in Christ should be VERY interested in what He might have to say and we should be following ALL that He says - in His Word and in our hearts.

Still, after reading His Word and praying for His leading in our lives, there will be times when we will be unsure about a particular decision . . . from time to time. Or ALL the time in my particular case. Do we ever pray to The Lord about what to do? And then, upon being led to do something, we STILL don't do it. oo often I am afraid.

Yesterday, as I was getting ready for church, I said a quick prayer in my closet. I asked God if I was doing the right thing. Am I going to the right church? I asked if He would consider showing me somehow that what I was about to do was what He wanted me to do. I inquired of The Lord.

Later, sitting in church, I received my answer in the form of a conversation I had with someone from s different church. The words spoken in that conversation let me know that what I was about to do was indeed the right choice . . . the God-honoring choice.

I think that God blesses us when we trust in Him and confide in Him. David always did well when He placed his faith in God and so shall we. If we truly do that.

So often we try to do things on our own. So often we fail. If we would only inquire of Him more than we do . . .

"5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6

I Trust In Jesus - Third Day

No comments:

Post a Comment