Monday, July 25, 2016

Living The Dream

I have a friend at the architectural/engineering firm I work at who spends most of his time in the field. Construction observation is his job.  He keeps an eye on contractors, making sure they do things right and according to the plans we have drawn.

One particularly hot and humid day, my friend came in from the field after a hard day's work.

 "How are you doing?" I asked.

My friend had just spent the entire day working in an un-airconditioned headworks building at a local waste water treatment plant. I don't want to tell you what he smelled like.

"Livin' the dream, Bob. Livin' the dream," was his reply. I'm not sure but . . . I got the impression he was being sarcastic.

We all have dreams. I'm sure my friend does not "dream" about working in another waster water treatment plant. What's your dream?

I recently asked that question on Facebook. Here are a few of the answers I received.

One wanted to save the earth with all of its environmental issues, another wanted to travel to visit a friend they had never seen. Yet another wanted to end racism and hatred. But the last two answers I received stood above the rest. One wanted "No sadness, no pain, no violence, no hunger."

The last comment I received was the best I thought. What do you think?

"A better, more peaceful world where it was easy to lead people to Christ. All on our knees praising our Creator as one."

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all could live THAT dream?

God can speak to us in our dreams and I think we too can speak to God in OUR dreams. Sometimes we need help interpreting the dreams we have. Daniel was an amazing interpreter of dreams. I kind of wish I could understand some of the dreams I have had over the years. But then again, the only dreams that really need interpreting are the ones that glorify God.

"However, there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and He has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will take place in the latter days This was your dream and the visions in your mind while on your bed." - Daniel 2:28

When I was a child I went to see the Blue Angles. I dreamed of being able to fly one day. The following video shows some pilots who had a similar dream. They TRULY are living the dream.

Dreams - Van Halen (featuring The Blue Angels)

No comments:

Post a Comment