Monday, February 27, 2017

Active Design

I watched a video last month by a guy who was building a Tiny Home. He was talking about how the design of his Tiny was "active" - meaning, he was designing it as he was building it. I could easily see that happening with my Tiny Home, but my "active design" would be more like me fixing all of the mistakes I made along the way.

You and I are active designs too I think. God created us. He gave us certain abilities and talents. We learn, we grow . . . eventually becoming who we were created to be. Things don't always work out the way we had planned but, with God's blessing and patience, we end up right where He wants us.

As we go through life we encounter many events along the way. We experience problems and we experience moments of great joy. Each of those events changes us in some way. Life's events are God means of growing us. Who we are now is different than who we were 10 years ago. WE are an active creation.

I love seeing and hearing about how people have used their gifts to benefit others. Especially if they are using those gifts to bring God the ultimate glory. I think God likes it when we do that.

"10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms." - 1 Peter 4:10

I saw these two videos yesterday. Although neither one credits God, they do demonstrate God's characteristics of compassion and mercy to a world that is starving for some.

The first video was posted by a young high school friend, the second by a high school classmate - proving that, no matter what age we are, we can always demonstrate compassion to those around us. 

Free Makeovers - BBC III
Wheels - Canadian Tire

The key word in the phrase Active Design is ACTIVE. If we are passive towards others in need nothing will get accomplished either in us or for God. We MUST be active. We MUST get involved. Otherwise, what is the purpose of US?

No comments:

Post a Comment