Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Bad Day?

Do you ever have bad days? No. I mean REALLY bad days. The ones that leave you wondering, "What just happened?" or "Why me?" I usually don't have too many bad days like that but one of them sure snuck up on me yesterday.

It seemed like just about everything that could have gone wrong, DID go wrong.

Where do bad days come from anyway? Are they just a random series of bad events strung together to make one incredibly sucky day? Or does someone have something against us?

God allows bad things to happen to us. Read the Book of Job. It's true. What possible reason would a loving God have that He would allow us to undergo torment and pain? Good question. But God also rewards those who persevere. Again, read the Book of Job.

I think God allows bad days to see how we handle them. I failed my "bad day test" yesterday. That usually means that I will face that same test again someday. I hope I do better when that day comes cuz yesterday sucked. I need to be more like Job. Job had the ultimate bad day. Again, read the Book of Job. And how did he respond to the worst day of his life?

Yeah, he did some complaining. His wife turned on him and his friends gave him pages of questionable advice. Ultimately, at the end of our bad days, we need to take stock of the blessings we still have. The gifts that God has given us. Are we still breathing? Is our heart still beating? Is not God still on His throne?

We may have bad days from time to time, but blessed be the name of The Lord.

"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised." - Job 1:21

"I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth." - Job 19:25



Bad Day - Fuel

No comments:

Post a Comment