Wednesday, October 18, 2017

What About Now?

There are times when we prefer to do things on our own. "We got this!" we tell ourselves. "No problem!" And sometimes we actually CAN do things on our own. But then there are other times when we need the help of someone else. Like last weekend for me. And like 2,000 years ago for all of us.

I constructed a few walls last weekend for a tiny home I am building. I did it all by myself. But when it came time to actually move the walls to the job site I was unable to do so. They were too heavy. A few days later however, when a couple of friends came over, all three of us managed to pick up the walls with no trouble at all.

Sometimes the opposite can be true. "There's no way I can do this all by myself. Why even bother?" We can be so unsure of ourselves that we often fail to even try. Perhaps, if we had simply made an effort, we could have made a difference.

Jesus made a difference.

2,000 years ago He sacrificed Himself, paying the penalty for OUR sins, so that we could do something we never could have done on our own. Get into heaven. We can never earn our way into heaven by trying to be good enough. We will always fail at that. But when we place our faith in Jesus, He does all the "heavy lifting" for us.

Have you ever thought about Jesus? Have you ever considered WHY He died? He died for YOU, you know. Embrace the One who has promised to never leave you.

There are people in this world who don't know Him. There are people, right now, in need of someone to do THEIR heavy lifting. We ALL can make a difference if we come together in love and exhibit the grace, mercy and compassion that God showed to us.

So, when are we going to do that? When are we going to love one another as Christ loved us?

What about now? What about today? Before it's too late.

"34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.  35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” - John 13:34-35

What About Now - Daughtry

No comments:

Post a Comment