Wednesday, November 22, 2017

The T-Hug

I had a list of things I was going to share about things we should be thankful for as we get ready for Thanksgiving Day tomorrow. You know - family, health, food & shelter. Stuff like that. And we SHOULD be thankful for those things. But today I'd like to suggest we all do something a little out of the ordinary tomorrow. Let's THUG as many people as we can!

Okay, your asking, "What's a THUG?" I got the idea from my grandson. He was staying over at grandpa and grandma's house while his mom and dad were at the Badger game. We had a great time. We drove cars and played with Legos. I took him up to my tiny home and we banged on things and had lots of fun.

When his mom and dad got back and it was time for them to go home he gave his grandma and me a big hug. It wasn't the usual hug though. This one was different. He RAN to us and crashed into us and gave each of us an amazing hug. I kissed him on the top of his head. Reminds me of a Bible story.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him." - Luke 15:20

It's the story of the prodigal son. Another translation says that the father "threw himself on his neck". And note that the father was running. Just like our grandson was.

So my thought for this Thanksgiving is to be thankful for the usual things but to DO something with our thanks for family and friends. Give them all a Thanksgiving hug - a T-Hug if you will.

I'm not telling you to crash into grandma in her wheel chair but give someone a loving hug. Give them a kiss on the cheek or head. SHOW someone you love them. Not as the world "loves" but as Christ first loved us and gave Himself up for us as a willing sacrifice for our sins.

Jesus opened his arms wide and gave us all a hug . . . on the cross. He loves us THAT much. He loves us deeply and passionately. Should we be doing the same for those He commanded us to love? Give someone a hug today. Not just a one-arm, I'm afraid I'll break you hug. Run to them!

"Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” - Mark 10:14-15

Jesus Loves The Little Children


No comments:

Post a Comment