Wednesday, February 3, 2016

That Beautiful But

I came across a TV show the other night called "Brazilian Butt Lift." I've seen the title of the show before but I have never actually watched the show. I wonder . . . are people lifting Brazilian butts? Or are Brazilians lifting other people's butts. Hard to tell. Words can be so confusing. So can life.

Everyone has a butt, although my wife tells me I don't have one. Come to think of it, I have never actually SEEN my butt . . . BUT . . . I know I have one. I sit on it every day at work!

Logic would seem to indicate that, somewhere in the world, someone has the world's ugliest butt. I bet it's in Washington, D.C. Just a guess.

I know who has the BEST but in the entire universe. God does! It's written in the Bible! And it comes with both good news and bad news attached to it. First, the bad news.

"23 For the wages of sin is death, . . . ."

Yep, we're all sinners and the result of that sin is death. We are condemned to an eternity in hell when we stand before Jesus . . . UNLESS . . . . unless we remember the most beautiful "but" that has ever existed.

"but . . . "

There it is! The most beautiful but!!! And it's a gift from God!! Let's keep reading!

" . . .the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23

If we place our faith in Jesus, we are saved from an eternal death. That's GREAT news! And we have eternal life. PLUS!!!! We all get new bodies!

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,   who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself." - Philippians 3:20-21

So, who cares what your earthly butt looks like. We get a new, heavenly butt. Then, when we are walking down the Streets of Glory, we can hold our butts up high . . . if that's even possible. Then again, everyone up there will have a heavenly butt so . . . who really cares. :)

Look At My Butt - Saturday Night Live

No comments:

Post a Comment