Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Behold! His Mighty Hand

Do you remember in The Ten Commandments movie, when God parted the Red Sea? Wow!! What a sight that must have been! How could a nation such as Israel ever turn away from a God who did such a thing to save His people? Yet they did.

These days God works more quietly than in the days of old, but He is still in the business of saving people.

The times I usually see God at work are shortly after I have done something I thought was noteworthy. Then, something else happens that tops what I had just done, by a ton. God never passes up an opportunity to teach me a lesson. And I am glad. :)

I was talking with a young friend of mine, telling her about my failings as a father before I had placed my faith and hope in Jesus. I had shirked my responsibility to "train up a child in the way he should go and, when he is old, he will not part from it" (Proverbs 22:6). Neither of my kids was a believer after college, following the sad example their father had set.

How I craved a second chance. How I kicked myself for not coming to faith in Jesus before I did. But I eventually came to believe, and God placed me in a youth group at my church. Suddenly God had provided me with dozens of kids to train up. Plus, both of my kids now attend church. That's WAY better than parting the Red Sea in this dad's opinion.

What miracle has God wrought in YOUR life? Have you beheld His mighty hand? He is always working. Sometimes in major ways, but most of the time quietly and subtly, with little or no notice.

This world, this country, is in need of a Godly miracle. I think if we approach His Holy Ground with our sandals off in repentance and humility, He will heal our land . . . if we pray.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14

"Behold His Mighty Hand" - Moses

No comments:

Post a Comment