Saturday, May 20, 2017

I Can Do All Things

Do you know this man? His name is Stephen Curry. Most people know him as a professional basketball player. But if you asked Stephen, I think he'd rather be known as being something else.

Stephen Curry is a Christian and he doesn't mind telling people so. After each basket he points to heaven. That is a minor thing but words accompany his actions. He wears a Bible verse on his shoes - Philippians 4:13. Even his shoe company has picked up on the verse, using it in their ads.

"13 I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13

When asked about the verse on his shoe Mr. Curry said, "There's more to me than just this jersey I wear, and that's Christ living inside of me. I try to use every game as an opportunity to witness . . . be a witness for Christ. When I step on the floor, people should know who I represent, who I believe in. Jesus is everything to me."

Wow.

When was the last time you or I approached our jobs with THAT attitude? Do we walk down the aisles at work oozing Christ from every pore of our being? Or do we simply go through the motions, punching the clock, not wanting to get into the game?

I have heard people say, "Well, I can't really say stuff about my faith at work. I'll get fired."
To that I say, "Then get fired!"

"Choose this day whom you will serve" - Joshua 24:15

Who are we serving anyway? If we deny who we are in Christ in order to keep our jobs, who are we serving? Certainly not God!

As we walk around town today, as we meet people on the street or in the hallways at work, how will people know we are Christians? We have to be more than "nice." There are plenty of nice atheists in the world. We have to be more than a tee shirt or a cross around our neck. How will we look different than everybody else? The answer is simple. We have to love!!

Do we ooze the love of Christ? When people look at us, do they see Him? Do they think about Jesus when they think about us? They should.

The following link is to a video made by some teens. It's pretty good actually. It perfectly blends with the lyrics provided by Sidewalk Prophets. May it encourage us all to "live like that."

Live Like That - Sidewalk Prophets
Testimony: Stories of Active Faith: Stephen Curry

No comments:

Post a Comment