Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Forever Yours

Are you one of those people who highlights and underlines things in your Bible? I am. I have all kinds of things marked in one way or another. Apparently, yellow highlighter is my favorite.

I am reading through the book of Second Chronicles right now - not thee most exciting book as books of the Bible go but there is one chapter, Chapter 32, that is completely highlighted. The entire chapter. Good stuff to remember in there! It is the story of Hezekiah.

First let's get to know this king by reading Chapter 31, verse 21.

"20 Thus Hezekiah did throughout all Judah, and he did what was good and right and true before the Lord his God. 21 And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, in the law and in the commandment, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart. So he prospered." - 2 Chronicles 31:21

There's lesson #1 and #2 for today.
  1. He did what was right in the eyes of The Lord.
  2. Whatever He did for God, he did with all His heart.
And what happened to Hezekiah because of his faithfulness and obedience?

He prospered.

There is a lesson there. God is amazing to those who love Him. He is also fiercely protective of His children. What do I mean? Read  Chapter 32. It is an amazing story of God's provision and the lengths God will go to to protect Hid children. Pay special attention to verse 21.

2 Chronicles 32

I was in a roll-over car accident 9 days ago. I walked away from it with no broken bones, no bruises, no cuts. Did God protect me because I was doing what was right in His eyes. I don't know. I try to do what is right in God's eyes, but I also fail at it every day.

The point of the Hezekiah story is, we need to be obedient in doing God's will in this world. He are the salt and light. But we have to do more than just talk about . . . or write about it . . . we need to accomplish it, in Jesus name.

Heavenly Father, we are sinning by living our lives for ourselves, thinking only of our selfish needs. You have commanded us to love You and to love others. May we do so without wavering. This world is in desperate need of You. May we change our focus away from the things of the world and may we be . . . forever yours. Faithfully.

Faithfully - Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment