Monday, May 8, 2017

The Most Beautiful Thing

It is said that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Do you think that's true? I don't know. There are some pretty ugly people in the world. I see one in my mirror every morning. :O

Who decides what is beautiful and what is not. Is it us? Or is it the world we live in? And if someone is blind, is EVERYBODY beautiful? Or are they all ugly?

Why are only women called beautiful and not men? Men get to be called handsome? These are all questions whose answers are beyond me.

I have several friends at work, both men and women. They are all beautiful friends in MY eyes. It's not their outward beauty that makes me call them beautiful. Rather, it is what I see "inside" that radiates.

There can be danger in telling someone you think they are beautiful. I think that word is something best reserved for when two people know each other well. Then the recipient of the word knows the intention of the deliverer and things can be understood.

Did you know that God thinks we are beautiful? He does. Ecclesiastes 3 says, "He has made everything beautiful." Here's more "beautiful" evidence from First Peter.

"Do not let your adornment be merely outward - arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel - rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." - 1 Peter 3:3-4

So to all of my friends and family members out there - you are all beautiful!!!

The following is a short video about something beautiful. I encourage you to watch it. I did. Twice.

The Most Beautiful Thing - A Cameron Covell Film

No comments:

Post a Comment