Saturday, June 23, 2018

Be Intentional

There is an old saying that says "talk is cheap". What that means is that it's easy to SAY we are going to do something but it's an entirely different thing to actually DO it. An example of this is us Christians telling someone, "I'll pray for you" but then we never actually go through with it. We lie.

I have been guilty of this. I get busy with something else and totally forget to pray. It's not on purpose I just forget about it.And it's not just with prayer either. It's with lots of things. We get distracted and our mind becomes focused on something else

Squirrel!

I went downstairs to get a tool off my workbench the other day and found a glass of milk that I had left there the day before. I had gotten distracted, put down my glass of milk and the rest is history . . . and warm, smelly, chunky history.

Talk is cheap. Except where God is concerned. His "talk" is truth. When God says He is going to do something it is GOING to happen. Lying is not in His nature Neither is becoming distracted. God is focused. God is intentional. So why aren't we? We ARE His followers.

What if we became intentional in our daily activities? Do you think our lives would be more productive? More loving perhaps? I think so.

When my mom died recently the company I used to work for sent me a card. It was signed by the employees, many of whom are very close friends. One particular note caught my eye though. It said, "We love you." That's not a normal thing to say in a work environment yet that person was intentional about giving me the exact thing I needed at that time. Love.

May we face each day from now on with a new intentionality. Living for Christ. Like we mean it! Not only in word but in deed.

"Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ." - Philippians 1:27

Intentional - Travis Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment