Saturday, June 2, 2018

Desperate For You


There is an old Irish proverb that says, "God gave us two ears and one mouth so we ought to listen twice as much as we speak. I think that's true.

My Friday started out rather "normal."  I read 10 chapters in the Book of Psalms. David was an amazing guy. He was SO desperate for God. You can almost feel it in his words.

 "1 In you, Lord my God, I put my trust. 4 Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. 5 Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." - Psalm 25:1,4-5

That set the tone for my entire day when I went to visit some friends of mine. I listened as they opened up their hearts and allowed me to carry a portion of their burdens for a short time. Here's some of what they're going through.

Stress in the workplace, pending surgery, a stroke, medical concerns, an abnormal mammogram, awaiting test results, cancer, teenage suicide, more cancer, unemployment, a relationship falling apart, a mother and daughter estranged and a bad prognosis from some hopeful patients.

Everyone has their own way of coping with things. Some trust in doctors and science while others trust only in themselves. David placed his trust in God. He was so desperately clinging to his hope in God that nothing else mattered. Are we like that? I'm not. But I think we all should be.

That's the question of the day I guess. How desperate are we for God? Are we lost without Him? Is He the air we breathe? Do we live and breathe Christ as we walk through each day of our lives?

This is the air I breathe
This is the air I breathe
Your holy presence
Living in me
This is my daily bread
This is my daily bread
Your very word
Spoken to me
And I, I'm desperate for You
And I, I'm lost without You
Oh Lord,… 
We are commanded to "love the Lord our God with all our heart, with all our soul, with all our mind and with all our strength." What life event will it take before WE get desperate for God?

Breathe - Marie Barnett
Love The Lord - Lincoln Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment