Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Power In The Blood

What do Chip and Joanna Gaines have to do with sharing the Gospel? Well, let me tell you about my day!

I had an appointment yesterday to donate a pint of blood. Blood donations have given me the opportunity to share my faith on several occasions. Like yesterday.

After filling out all the paperwork my name was called and I followed the name caller into a little 4'x4' room. Blood pressure checked, iron level checked, temperature taken. Not a lot of opportunity to share the Gospel with this lady. I was the last appointment of the day and she wanted outta there!

She took me into the main donation room and asked me which arm I preferred getting poked in.

"Left."

She pointed me to a chair and said, "Someone will be with you in a moment."

They have several television sets for the donors to watch. Unfortunately for me my "left arm" choice placed me right in front of HGTV's Fixer Upper show. My wife watches that all the time but I'm not a super big fan. Oh well.

Just then a young lady came over and started prepping my arm for my donation. I took a chance.

"Do you watch Fixer Upper," I asked?

"Oh yes, we all LOVE it."

And there it was. God had provided an opportunity for me to share my faith, just like that. CHip and Joanna Gaines are Christians.

Would it surprise you at all to learn that just one hour earlier I was praying with a friend and actually had ASKED God for opportunities to share my faith?

I started telling this young lady about how I had taken my wife down to Chip and Joanna's Magnolia store in Waco.

"Really? That's so cool!" she said as she swabbed on the iodine.

"I wear this I Am Second bracelet (strategically placed on my left wrist, in full view for her). Chip and Joanna did a video for them. You should watch it."

"Really? Cool! I will for sure watch it."

Will the young lady really go home and watch it? Maybe. But at least she knows about it. All it takes are little things like that to make people think of you more than just a non-caring blood donor and maybe even listen to what you say.

Observe people. Find our what makes them tick. What are they interested in? Then, how could their interests be linked to Jesus?

"Wow. That's a cool tattoo. Why do you like Batman so much?"

Batman is a superhero. Guess who MY superhero is?

Sharing your faith is not as hard as you might think. We just have to live like Christ. Okay, that might be tough but we are to live in such a way that will make others think about Him. We are supposed to ALWAYS be ready to give an answer for the hope that we have in Christ.

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord." - 1 Peter 3:15

Chip and Joanna Gaines - I Am Second
There Is Power In The Blood - Alan Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment