Wednesday, January 22, 2020

True Fellowship

"Time sure flies when you're having fun." That phrase couldn't have been any more true than on Monday morning when I met with a friend for 270 minutes. Or the next day when I visited some friends at the place I used to work. Be careful what you pray for. If it's something that God wants anyway, you are sure to get it.

My Monday friend and I talked about disc golf, marriage, God, ministry, sharing the Gospel, and life in general. The time sure did fly by. Four and a half hours! Why? Because we were both doing something that each of us enjoyed doing - fellowship.

Fellowship is not hanging out after church and talking about the Packers. Fellowship is hanging out after church and talking about God. Fellowship is sharing things that you are struggling with and having someone pray for you. It's lifting someone up who is going through a low point in their life. It's praising God for the opportunities you prayed for and then acting on them.

The best thing I did LAST week was pray for opportunities to share my faith. THIS week those opportunities arrived and it was time to get busy. What a joy it is, serving the Lord!

Monday was a busy day. I had that meeting with a friend that lasted all morning and into the afternoon. I left that meeting with a sense of direction and a new way to spread the Gospel. Prayer and hugs. Then I checked my voicemail and heard of another friend who had just had a heart attack. More prayer and virtual hugs through those prayers.

Tuesday was another busy day, visiting some friends at the place I used to work. Sharing life, sharing the Gospel. More encouragement and hugs. What a wonderful day.

Turning off the television and disconnecting with social media are not only possible, they are actually enjoyable!

What opportunities will today bring? I have no idea. One thing I DO know though. I will be serving the Lord and enjoying every minute of it.

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near." - Hebrews 10:25

"That which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ." - 1 John 1:3

Rise Above It - Switchfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment