Saturday, October 21, 2023

On My Mind


Hey look! There's a rest stop up ahead. Let's get off this Romans Road Road Trip we're on and rest up for this next verse on our journey. We really need to be properly prepared for it.

*****

"When I woke up this morning, you were on my mind."

That's the opening line from an old 60's song by We Five. I'm thinkin' that that line needs to be active in our daily lives, especially these days.

What do we think about when we first wake up in the morning? This morning (Friday, as I am writing this), I find myself thinking about a young friend of mine who is battling addictions and how I haven't seen any replies to my latest texts.

That led me to the FIRST thing that I should be thinking about every morning and that is God.

After praying for my friend I began thinking about God and his incredible love for us. My conclusion is that most of us don't really understand His love fully. As Paul said....

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38-39

Amen to that!

Love is the answer to all of life's problems. And how can I best describe that for you? Let's try 1st John 4.

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love." - 1 John 4:7-8

There's a lot of love in that verse. And it's there for a reason. Now, take a look at these verses and see if you can detect a similar pattern .

"Love one another as I have loved you."

"God IS love."

"Love the Lord your God."

"Love your neighbor."

"Walk in love, just and Christ loves us."


Love is the key to this whole crazy life we're living. Love is the beginning of prayer. Love is also the result of it. Love extends grace, shows mercy, and corrects a wrongful child.

Love is the most important thing that we can give or receive. But we must first receive that gift of love into our hearts before we can properly give it.

More about that next time. We'll be back on our Romans Road road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment