Saturday, October 14, 2023

The Mechanic


Have you ever had a divine appointment? A "random" meeting with someone that was for your mutual good and God's glory? They happen more often than you'd think.

When God wants you to meet with someone it's going to happen. Whether you want it to or not. Like Wednesday for example.

I took my car in to see the mechanic to get a few things fixed. It was done that same day but my wife and I had our granddaughter over and we were too busy to pick it up.

"I'll pick it up in the morning....sometime," I told the mechanic.

[And there you have it. The stage was set for one of God's divine appointments.]

The next morning I walked in the door at my mechanic's shop and there was a friend of mine I hadn't seen since her husband's funeral.

"Well, hello my friend. Fancy meeting you here."

And the conversation began. We talked for an hour before the mechanic came in and said the work on HER car was done.

God knows when someone needs to talk or simply touch base with someone. And if it doesn't happen, He can make it happen.

My friend and I had tried to find a time to talk after her husband's death but it never worked out. So God made an appointment for us both.

God IS The Mechanic. He not only makes appointments but knows exactly what's wrong with us and He fixes us.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you." - Psalm 32:8

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11

"The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way;" - Psalm 37:23

"Thanks be to God!" - 1 Corinthians 15:57

No comments:

Post a Comment