Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Demon Possessed

According to the Bible, demon possession is real. If you are a Christian, therefore, you must believe it is true. I don't need anyone to convince me that demonic possession is real. We have a cat!

Our cat sleeps most of the day. The only exception to that rule is during the time my wife makes dinner. The cat quietly sneaks up behind my wife and sits down behind her - waiting patiently to attack.

All my wife has to do is move one of her feet and the cat is sure to be under it. Meoooooww!!!! The cats screams, My wife screams, I laugh. Demonic possession is real!

There is a show on The Animal Planet channel called My Cat From Hell. Sadly, the host's subject matter, insane cats, seem all too prevalent in this world.

I'd tell you all about our cat but my wife loves him and could quite possibly read this blog so I won't. We don't need yet ANOTHER example of demon possession to talk about in our house. LOL! Instead, let's talk about real demon possession in humans. And it IS just that - all too real. Examples are everywhere. But let's begin by opening our Bibles to Mark 5.

Jesus Restores a Demon-Possessed Man

"They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes. 2 When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an impure spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3 This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain. 4 For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5 Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones." - Mark 5:1-5

There it is. Demon possession is real. Demonic possession would actually explain some of the drivers I have seen on the roads around town. But demonic possession is no laughing matter.

Have you met anyone who might qualify as demon possessed? I have met a few. So what do we do about it? I think prayer is our best and most powerful weapon. Why do I say that? Keep reading in Mark 5.

"6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7 He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!” 8 For Jesus had said to him, Come out of this man, you impure spirit!” - Mark 5:6-8

Jesus has power over demons. Remember that. Jesus casts out demons! So, when you encounter craziness in this world, don't forget to pray. Immediately! Why do we always forget to do that? Even the demons remember to do that (verse 7)! It should be the first thing that we who profess faith in Christ should do!

The Private War of a Saint - David Wilkerson

No comments:

Post a Comment