Saturday, February 29, 2020

Always Be Reppin'

There is an old adage that goes, "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach." There may be some truth to that but there is also another old adage that says, "Never underestimate an old man who plays disc golf."

This summer I am going to be teaching a couple of disc golf classes for our local park and rec department. The main focus will be for kids as part of an after-summer school program. But the other class is designed for seniors, like myself. We like to do things too you know! Lol!

During my research for these classes I found a video. There's a link to it at the bottom of this story. It featured a handful of today's top disc golfers - teaching. They were doing exactly what I will be doing this summer. Except they taught a class of 450 kids. Yikes!

My challenge in teaching disc golf will be in bringing Jesus with me as I teach. As one of the disc golfers says in the video, "Always reppin'." As Christians we always want to be "representing" our faith in whatever we do. Reppin' for Jesus!

So, how do we represent Him in a world that doesn't seem to like Him all that much? I think it's not so much with our words but with our actions. The key being love.

The Book of Galatians has a list of ways we can be reppin' Jesus.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23

If we can show others these qualities in our relationships I think we've done a wonderful job telling people about Jesus. And then, should anyone ask why we act this way, then we tell them. Then the words will come, after the relationship building. Then, all glory, praise and honor are to be given to God. If I can do that this summer, my class will be a success, at least in God's eyes.

And we ALL  can do the same thing in our everyday relationships. Today. What a great day to get started doing that!

How To Help Grow The Sport - Simon Lizotte

No comments:

Post a Comment