Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The One

"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn't he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? - Luke 15:4

I lived this verse out this past weekend. My wife and I went to visit our daughter and her husband. Oh, and our granddaughter too. :)

My son-in-law and I played some disc golf while the three ladies checked out the local splash pad.

After we were done with our visit my wife and I made the 30 minute back home and unpacked. That's when I discovered I was missing my favorite golf disc.

It was too late to drive back so I resigned myself to the fact that I had lost a treasured possession.

The following day at church I found myself thinking about that verse from Luke so I decided to make the 60-minute round trip - leaving my 99 discs behind to go and search for "the one."

My lost disc was not at the park. It was a good disc. It always did what I asked of it and now it was gone.

Later that evening my wife called out to me from the garage.

"What color was that disc you lost?"

"A light blue Innova DX Valkyrie, 164 grams, slight smudge on the upper left. Flies super straight, even turns to the right with a little more power off the tee. Why?"

"Oh. Did it look like this?"

My wife tells me my mouth hung open for a second or two before an ear-to ear grin took over.

"Where did you find that!?!" I exclaimed with joy.

"In the pocket on the back of the front seat. Must have slid in their on the ride back home."

There is great joy in finding something that wad lost. That's why the sheppard left the 99 to go after the one.

There is also great joy in pursuing a lost sinner. God wishes that none should perish. The world we live in is filled with lost sheep. God would absolutely love it if we would help Him find a few.

What do you say? Is there a lost sheep in your family. What's the 99 you will leave behind to go after the one? Your spare time? A night alone? A small price to pay to make God smile.

The 99 - 7eventh Time Down

No comments:

Post a Comment