Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Here I Am

This is my 1,250th story for this blog. It is also the 15th anniversary (this week) of my spiritual re-birth. And it just so happens that, in my daily time spent in God's Word, I am reading the very passage of scripture that was used in the sermon given the day I was saved - January 15th, 2006.

The title for THIS story comes from THAT story in 1st Samuel.

"The boy Samuel ministered before the Lord under Eli. In those days the word of the Lord was rare; there were not many visions.

One night Eli, whose eyes were becoming so weak that he could barely see, was lying down in his usual place. 3 The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the house of the Lord, where the ark of God was. 4 Then the Lord called Samuel.

Samuel answered, “Here I am.” 5 And he ran to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.” - 1 Samuel 3:1-5

Samuel had been called by God but at first Samuel didn't know that it was God who called Him. Samuel thought is was Eli. How many times has God called US and we never answered Him?

We need to constantly be listening for God when He calls us. We need to keep our eyes open for opportunities when God presents them. They are all around us. We often miss them.

What was the last opportunity you or I had to speak to someone about Jesus? Do we wake up in the morning saying, "Here I am Lord?" Or do we just grudging get ready for work or school and ignore His voice?

I look back on these past 15 years and hope I have been able to answer God's call. I hope that I have served Him faithfully. Yes, I still stumble. I still sin. But every moment I try to be faithful and obedient and mindful of Him. I try to walk in His ways and serve Him by loving those around me.

The song I am sharing today is one of our worship songs at church (Calvary Chapel in Waupaca in case you are wondering). I am sharing it because the first three words of the song are the title for this story.

We need to answer God's call when we hear it. And be as obedient as Samuel was in responding to that call. If we do, we will be blessed by God. Be blessed today.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

You, You Are God

No comments:

Post a Comment