Monday, January 18, 2021

Open My Eyes

"Though seeing they do not see; though hearing they do not hear or understand." - Matthew 13:13

That's me most of the time. I can be staring right at something and still can't see it. It has nothing to do with my eyesight. It has everything to do with my heart.

Sometimes our sinful nature can blind us when it comes to following God's will for our lives. "Me" get's in the way of "Thee", Lord. So how do we keep that from happening?

Jesus healed the blind, but he didn't just heal those who had no physical sight. He healed those with spiritual blindness as well. This world is awash in spiritual blindness these days. We are in desperate need of a healer.

Often, Jesus healed those who believed He could do it. saying, "Your faith has made you well." Do WE have that kind of faith? Are we hearing and seeing with our hearts?

You know, that's a pretty good prayer - Open my eyes. It encompasses so many things - obedience, love, compassion, acts of service, Let us pray that prayer today and "see" what God has in store for our eyes. And our hearts.

"Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things" - Psalm 119:18

Open The Eyes of My Heart - Michael W. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment