Saturday, June 19, 2021

Faith

What does faith look like to you? We might say we have faith in something, but do we live it? Do we REALLY have faith? Or just a religion?

I saw this picture the other day and had to share it. Now that kid's got faith! REAL faith! He has faith in his father, the motorcycle, the tires. Perhaps the thing he has least faith in is the grip on his dad. But he's hanging on anyway!

Doesn't this picture perfectly represent what our relationship with God should look like? We might find ourselves in precarious situations in life but if we don't hold onto God we will find ourselves in worse shape.

As I examine my own faith I see times when I have tried to do things on my own, in my own strength, rather than relying on God to guide me through. That never ends well.

I want my faith to resemble that of the kid in this picture. He's just holding onto his daddy. And so should WE be.

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

"For we walk by faith, not by sight." - 2 Corinthians 5:7

"For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith." - 1 John 5:4

We must LIVE our faith, not with our eyes or with our mind, but with our very soul. When people look at us, do they see Jesus? They should. They should see our love and our compassion, but also our PASSION for Him. Hold onto Jesus like that kid in the picture is holding onto his dad. Your eternal life depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment