Wednesday, July 7, 2021

The Mechanic

We all go through life, each of us living our lives, day in and day out. Then, one day, something happens that reshapes everything. 'Life-changing' is what people call it.

I was recently reminded of that fact yesterday at the dentist. I finished my appointment and went out to my car to head home. However, when I turned the key in the ignition nothing happened. My car's starter had failed. I had no hope of going anywhere.

What should I do? Who should I call? Where do I turn for help?

Isn't that kind of like us facing our eternity without Jesus Christ? Without Him we'll just be sitting in life's parking lot, waiting for assistance but no one will be coming. Unless we have God's "extended warranty" working for us. You signed up for that, didn't you? Lol!

In my case, I knew to call a tow company. It was a good idea to get my car taken someplace that could actually fix my car's problems - a mechanic.

Jesus is 'The Great Mechanic' in each of our lives. He knows exactly what's wrong with our hearts and how to fix them and take care of all of our worries. And His service is totally free! Jesus already paid the bill for us on the cross.

When we get broken down in life we need to remember that help is just a prayer away. A humble repentant prayer because the only prayer God will listen to is from His children. And THAT is the extended warrantee right there.

"For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. 10If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." - Romans 8:6-11

No comments:

Post a Comment