Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Perfect Love

Many people have certain fears in life. Some of them are rational. Real. Some of them exist only in the minds of the beholder. Phobia's they're called. What are YOU afraid of?

There is a lot to be afraid of these days. Turn on the news. The media live-streams fear 24 hours a day, every day of the week, every week of the year. It's almost like they WANT you to be afraid.

Yessss . . . But that's not why we are here.

Are you afraid of death? Of catching the Covid bug? Are you afraid of people who wear masks? Who DON'T wear masks. Are you afraid of terrorists? Guns Global warming? Spiders? Snakes? Politicians? But I repeat myself.

We should fear none of these things. A Christian should fear nothing . . . NOTHING.

The reason why I, and many other people like me in this world, 'fear nothing' is found in The Bible. It's not a secret. But most people simply won't believe it. They can't believe it's true either because they don't believe in God / Jesus or the truth of God's Word. And so they fear.

I would like you to read something. If you can read this one thing, and understand it, fully, you will know why we should not fear. Are you ready?

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
    from the fowler’s snare
    and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
    nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it will not come near you." - Psalm 91:1-7

Now look, Covid-19 is very real. In a small percentage of cases it is deadly. I could catch it tomorrow and die from it. But I will not fear it. I fear the Lord! That word fear I just used doesn't mean that I am afraid of God. It means I love Him and trust Him. It means I honor Him above all else. It means I obey Him and never deny him. And it means I trust Him with my very life.

Here's a couple more verses for you . . .

"God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 17This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. 18There is no fear in love. But perfect love casts out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

1"We love because he first loved us. 20Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. 21And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister." - 1 John 4:61-21

Have you experienced God's perfect love? If you have you would fear nothing. If we still have fears, have we fully surrendered everything to God?

If there is something that you still fear, surrender it to God. We need to examine ourselves my friends. What haven't we surrendered yet?

Do you remember that old song "I Surrender All?"

Well....? Have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment