Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Gentle Reminders

Do you ever get frustrated? Well, let me tell you about MY day. Lol!

In the morning I was hanging a new light fixture in one of our bedrooms. It wasn't going well. Just when I thought I was all done, I stepped back to look at it and it was crooked. Now I have to do my work all over again. Frustrating.

Then, I went into town to run some errands. On my way there I stopped at McDonalds for lunch. I was still frustrated from my morning's electrical work. The lady in the car in front of me didn't help much.

She ordered her food and then pulled ahead, but she only moved ahead about half a car length. I couldn't move up to place my order. And there was a half car length gap in front of her yet.

"You know, if you would just move ahead a little, I could order." I said to myself. But I did say it out loud.

This pattern continued at the pay window as well. The lady paid but then didn't pull ahead far enough so that I could do the same. Ugh!

"There's plenty of room. You can do it!" Still, she never closed the gap to the car in front of her. A depth perception problem? Frustrating!

I finally made it to the window to pay and handed the lady my money. She gave me my change and then said something that changed my frustrating day completely.

"I like your bracelet," she said with a smile.

Bracelet? What? What bracelet? Oh! My I . . . Am . . . Second bracelet?

God is so amazing sometimes. Well, He's amazing ALL of the time! But He actually takes the time to give us gentle reminders when we really need them. I needed one and was blessed because of it.

"You know who's First?" I replied to the young lady's comment.

"Jesus!" she said with a smile.

That's all it took to make my day. To turn my frown upside down. The rest of the day was spent praising Him in the things I said and did.

Today I get to redo my electrical work, but I will do it with a smile on my face. And if for some reason I should get frustrated again, I am going to McDonald's! NO!! But I WILL think about my smiling young friend who reminded me that God is above ALL things.

"The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all." - John 3:31



No comments:

Post a Comment