Saturday, March 26, 2022

I Forgot

Look closely at this picture. Do you see the reflection in the window next to the child? It is his mother saying goodbye. In Ukraine.

I was watching the news the other night and I heard one of the station's show hosts say, "Vladimir Putin has relinquished his right to live." I thought about that for a minute. Is that true? And who was this tv show personality to decide whether or not someone has the right to live or die/

While it is true that President Putin has done some very nasty things, is it someone else's right to determine whether or not he lives or dies? Or is that God's job?

"Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord." - Romans 12:19

That being said, God can and does use human being to execute His judgments. He has sent entire nations against a people because they have disobeyed His laws and commands. 

I remember reading about David being constantly pursued and harassed by King Saul. Several times David had the opportunity to kill Saul, but he didn't. Why? Because God had anointed Saul king over Israel. Time and time again David was heard to say, "I will not strike the Lord's anointed."

This is a tough call. This is the point where I decide that decisions like this are WAY beyond my pay grade and I turn to God in prayer. My default prayer is for God's will to be done. I have NO IDEA what God has planned for us, And although I have an idea from what I r4ead in the Bible, I have NO IDEA how God will execute His will.

When someone asks for help, are we to provide it without first counting the cost? The words of Jesus:

"Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? - Luke 14:28

Another thing to remember is that NO ONE comes to power without God having ordained it in the first place.

"Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God." - Romans 13:1

As we watch the news, let us be in prayer as the stories unfold and as the Spirit moves us. The children, the pregnant women, the brave soldiers fighting on BOTH sides need our prayers. Even the leaders of our countries. Let it be said of us that we pray!

In closing I would encourage you to listen to the following song by Nicole Nordeman. There is a line in the songs that speaks to the people we have a had time praying for - "I had forgotten that I was staring at the image of mt God."

Wide Eyed - Nicole Nordeman

No comments:

Post a Comment