Wednesday, February 15, 2023

God Knows


For those of you who think that God doesn't answer prayers, or listen to us when we are crying inside, I have some news for you. You're wrong.

I'm speaking to believers now. God does hear our prayers and our cries for help. Even when they aren't "official" prayers. We can be struggling on the inside and then God suddenly gives us those needed reminders of His sovereignty and omniscience and His grace.

Monday was not a good day for me, despite all of the sunshine. I was feeling pretty down, so of course I thought I would try to fix it myself and go play some disc golf at our local course. Yeah, well, that didn't work. So I came home and began reading in my Bible.

Hindsight being what it is, 20-20, I should have done the Bible reading thing first before trying anything else. I will have King David to thank for the pick me up because his words got my attention. Maybe these words will help you so here they are. The entire 13th chapter of Psalms.

"How long, O LORD?
Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
How long must I wrestle in my soul,
with sorrow in my heart each day?
How long will my enemy dominate me?

Consider me and respond, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, lest I sleep in death,
lest my enemy say, “I have overcome him,”
and my foes rejoice when I fall.

But I have trusted in Your loving devotion;
my heart will rejoice in Your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
for He has been good to me."
- Psalm 13

I don't know if that did anything for you or not, but it sure worked for me. Maybe save it for when you really need it? Or read it to a friend and then give them a hug. It might be just what they need to hear on a really crummy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment