Saturday, February 4, 2023

Strike The Rock


When God's people, Israel, were wandering through the desert on their way to The Promised Land, something happened. Was it actually a sign to us that we would not suffer God's wrath during The Tribulation? Are you ready for this? Let's go!

Open your Bibles to Exodus 17, verse 6: 

"Behold, I will stand before you there on the rock at Horeb, and you shall strike the rock, and water shall come out of it, and the people will drink.” And Moses did so, in the sight of the elders of Israel." - Exodus 17:6

We also must read Numbers 20 to get the full picture:

"And Moses lifted up his hand and struck the rock with his staff twice, and water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their livestock. And the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not believe in me, to uphold me as holy in the eyes of the people of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land that I have given them." - Numbers 20:11-12

In that last passage we learn that Moses actually struck the rock TWICE instead of only once as God commanded. And Moses was punished by God for it. Because Moses struck the rock twice, he was not allowed to enter the promised land. Remember that. Don't strike the rock twice.

Who is The Rock in the Bible? It's Jesus!

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." - Psalm 18:2

How many times did God strike Jesus? Once, on the cross. Jesus is God. So is the Holy Spirit, right? God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit?

God's people, those who believe in His Son, have received the Holy Spirit. If God were to put His people through The Tribulation, if God then struck his people, wouldn't God be striking "The Rock" a second time?

When Moses struck the rock, water came out and the people drank of it. Our Rock is Jesus Christ. Living water comes out of Him, we who believe drank of it, and we will never thirst. The living water is the Holy Spirit.

God will not strike The Rock twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment