Monday, September 18, 2023

Perfect Love


I have a theory, however I can't prove any of it. I feel like it's true but it's just a feeling and nothing more. Although it is that very feeling that proves my theory.

I think.

Let's start with some basic truths and proceed from there.

"God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them" - 1 John 4:16

"There is no fear in love. Perfect love drives out fear." - 1 John 4:18

The first part of my theory is this: All humans desire to be loved. We were created that way. It's part of who we are.

And now here is the second part of my theory: Because we were created in God's image (Genesis 1:27) I believe that God also desires to be loved.

Basically, we were made to love and to be loved.

What would the world look like if we all loved each other unconditionally?

The key to all of this unconditional love is the Holy Spirit. When we place our faith in Jesus, the Holy Spirit enters us and changes us. The Holy Spirit in us is the proof.

Unconditional love is amazing. It's perfect love. When we experience it, or give it, in this world we get a glimpse of the Father's love for us.

And then there's Jesus - the ultimate unconditional love giver - when He willingly gave His life up to pay for our sins. He never said the words 'I love you' from the cross but He didn't have to. He lived it. 

How will we love unconditionally today?

No comments:

Post a Comment