Wednesday, November 15, 2023

The Morning Star


“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”
- Revelation 22:16

Jesus tells us right there that He is "the bright morning star." There is also another bright morning "star," astronomically speaking - the planet Venus. Right now (at 5AM) it is very bright and can be seen in the eastern sky.

It was so bright this morning that I figured it was the moon at first, but then I put on my glasses and saw it was really a star or one of the planets. So I downloaded and installed an astronomy app. The screenshot above was from that app this morning. I got chills when I saw it. Why?

Venus, the morning star, is shown IN a certain constellation - Virgo. Virgo, as you can tell, is a woman. Virgo/virgin. If you have studied the Book of Revelation then perhaps this passage will be familiar to you.

“And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth… She gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron.” - Revelation 12:1-2,5

"Clothed in the sun" - could this be the morning sun to go along with the morning star? That's exactly what I was seeing!

We are certainly having "birth pains" right now in this world. The "woman," is Israel. The "12 stars" are the 12 tribes of Israel. The "male child" is Jesus. And He will come "to rule all the nations." Soon!

"And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years," - Genesis 1:14

This celestial event has greatly encouraged me. My prayer is that you would be blessed by this story as well.

Maranatha! Come, Lord Jesus! Keep your eyes on the skies!

No comments:

Post a Comment